OLPH Preschool environment provides…
- A fun and engaging atmosphere that motivates each child to explore, discover, learn, and acquire skills for kindergarten readiness.
- Socialization opportunities that develop positive relationships with peers and teachers by learning to share, take turns, care, ask, and invite.
- An enriching curriculum that teaches alphabet and numbers, one-to-one correspondence, sequencing, letter formation, phonological awareness, science, social studies, and both large and small motor skills.
- Preparation for life-long learning by encouraging problem-solving, listening skills, persistence, cooperation, independence, and organization.
- Motivation and reinforcement for positive behavior which develops authentic self-confidence and responsibility.
One of the hallmarks of OLPH school is our strong sense of community. Every student, including preschoolers, benefits greatly from being a part of a broader community that encompasses students in our school, our parish family, alumni, priests, faculty, and staff.
OLPH preschoolers enjoy the greater resources as a part of a K-8 program, The advantages include a spacious gym, well-equipped playground, weekly Mass, hot lunch program, extended care, school-wide enrichment activities, specials teachers, service projects, bridging activities with kindergarten, and buddies in middle school.
Our day includes…
- Structured lessons with games and hands-on learning that bring lessons alive and reinforces themes.
- Faith formation through prayer, stories, songs, and crafts.
- Center time where students choose from a variety of activities and manipulatives, including rice/sand/water tables, cars/trucks/trains, play dough, building blocks, books, kitchen, dollhouse, puzzles, puppets, and more.
- Circle time to discuss the calendar, question of the day, active and quiet songs, finger-plays, and instruments.
- Lunchtime where students can socialize and practice manners.
- Spanish language through stories, songs and games.
- Outside play on our spacious playground equipment for climbing, spinning, sliding and more.
- Storytime relating to the theme or letter of the day.
- Quiet time where students settle down for a time of rest or quiet.
- Table Time with a daily art project linked to the theme of the day where children mature in following directions, fine motor skills, and creative expression.
- Field Trips & Enrichment may include the Pumpkin Farm, Nature Center, Zoo-mobile, Mothers’ Tea, Donuts with Dad, and holidays.
- Buddy Program where our youngest students are paired with middle school buddies for one-on-one fun activities and special events, fostering friendships and positive role modeling.
Pre K Daily Schedule
8:30 Table Time
9:00 Morning Prayer & Announcements
9:10 Circle Time
9:30 Story Time
9:45 Small Group Activity – Center Rotations
11:20 Outside Play
11:45 Group Lesson
12:15 Lunch & Recess
1:30 Daily Special (gym, Spanish, library, art, or music)
2:00 Quiet Time
3:00 Outside Play
3:20 Pack Up